My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Seisin

Hmmm... Just been feeling like all my recent posts have been far too serious - you'd think I was walking around dressed like a romantic poet spouting philosophy. Unfortunately I just haven't been very funny lately, not even amusing really. Too much to worry about perhaps. I'm moving yet again, jumping once more into the hell that is known as "Renting an Apartment in LA."
Maybe I'll just use this post to rant a bit about how much the landlords in LA absolutely suck. I've lived in three places in LA, and of those, I've been in four litigations with my landlords (yes, more than one litigation with one of them - wow, you've really impressed me with your math skills). Actually my current landlord is a pain in the ass, but not terrible on the degree my other landlords were. My last landlord actually just walked into the house one Sunday morning, without knocking or anything, went straight to the bathroom, and took a vicious shit in our bathroom, then left. Without a word. He also had the habit of opening the door and yelling things in russian inside at us at 7am every other morning. That was the least of it, but I'm way too lazy to write the longer stories. The other landlord was far worse. He would make up laws from his imagination and sue me under them, and since he's not a lawyer, I couldn't charge him with filing frivolous lawsuits, so I had to just defend them all. He would also spy on us, and whenever we had a guest, interrogate us about whether they are staying without his permission, and then scream and tell us we're hurting his feelings. Okay. I wont torment you any more. The good news is that I'm told the landlord at my new place is very cool and unobtrusive. I wonder what that's like? It will be a novelty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home