My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

Thursday, January 06, 2005

DT's

Did I mention that I moved? Yes I know, its a blog, I could easily go back and see for myself if I've mentioned it, but then I'd use up all my motivation doing that, and would have none left to write, and all of you (okay, both of you) would have to live without the sage wisdom of my words. So yes, I moved. From West Hollywood to Silverlake. For those of you outside the LA area, its a distance of about 6 or 7 miles. Silverlake is a nicer area, and still hip, but not like Hollywood. Its really taking getting used to - I go to the supermarket, and there are no models, no strippers, the place is filled with normal people, people with abs that cant be seen, people with families and real jobs - its strange. The good news about that is that I can always drive a little further to shop in Hollywood if I need to be surrounded by strippers and homeless poets in order to buy kitty litter, but the part I really can't get used to is the absence of crazy people. I told you about crazy Tim in the closet - well now he lives in someone else's closet, and my closet hold nothing but clothes and an old broken vacuum cleaner. The homeless girl who thinks she's an arcangel can't walk all the way to the new place, so I only hear from her occasionally, and more importantly, I just dont meet strange people on the street in my daily life anymore. Its almost as if I've gotten old or something.
Well, I think I have a solution. I didn't write it here, I was too busy doing shots of Patron after I found out, but I passed the California Bar exam recently. That means I'm a real lawyer now. A real unemployed lawyer. So maybe if I can pull off a public defender job, defending all the criminals too poor or insane to defend themselves, I can get a bit more of that Hollywood vibe back in my life. Yeah, I think I'm going to try that. So if either of my readers out there happens to do the hiring for the LA County Public Defender's office, give me a call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home